Loci Forensics B.V.
9 - 13 December, 2019
Loci Forensics B.V. Products - Training - Consulting Haverstraat 49 2153 GD Nieuw-Vennep The Netherlands E-mail: Info@lociforensics.nl Website: https://www.lociforensics.nl/
Martin Eversdijk & René Gelderman
Brief Description of Course:
Bloodstain Pattern Analysis on Textile Course ( 40 Hours ) Our 5 day ( 40 hours ) Bloodstain Pattern Analysis on Textile Course is designed to give the participants 40 hours of lectures, practical’s (experiments and mock scenes) to increase knowledge and skills on blood stain analysis on textile. Examination of bloodstained clothing is a common request of the bloodstain pattern analyst. The analysis of this examination can potentially provide information regarding the movements and activities of the wearer during a bloodshed event and may confirm or refute testimonies for the presence of blood stain pattern on his or her clothing. To analyse these bloodstains correctly the analyst has to understand the scientific fundamentals involved in blood stain formation and its final appearance on textile. This course is designed for all levels of law enforcement personnel, especially those who search for blood at scenes as well as on articles of physical evidence, investigators, crime scene personnel, attorneys, prosecutors, judges, medico legal investigators and participants studying forensics science and/or criminal justice.
Training topics to be covered:
• Fabrication of textile
• Scientific fundamentals involved in bloodstain formation and its final appearance on textile
• Bloodstain patterns on clothing and other textile
• Spatter vs. Transfer
• Terminology of textile products
• Proper documentation and photographing of bloodstains on clothing, including 2-D vs. 3-D and the use of Infra-Red
• Sampling and lifting of bloodstains on clothing • The use of blood enhancement and search techniques on textile
• The use of a microscope and other equipment
• Report writing, court presentation and Limitations
• Case reviews Pre-Requisites: Successful completion of a Basic Bloodstain Pattern Analysis course meeting the requirements of the IABPA basic course and some field experience. Class: Maximum of 12 participants. What to bring to the course: Participants are advised to bring seasonally appropriate clothing. We also encourage to bring a digital camera which could be very helpful if you wish to document any of your experiments. Assessment Standards/ Certification: A certificate will be issued for successful completion of a written assessment of the course requirements.
Materials/Supplies Loci Forensics B.V. will provide:
• Laboratory and Reference Manual.
• All lab supplies.
• Certificate of Completion.
• Water, coffee, tea, orange juice and milk.
Course duration, date, location & fee:
The length of the course is 40 hours of instruction. The course will be conducted Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at Loci Forensics Training Institute, Nieuw-Vennep, the Netherlands.
The course will be held on Monday 20th - Friday 24th of May 2019 and Monday 9th - Friday 13th of December 2019.
This course has a price of €1450.00 euro ( exclusive 21% VAT ) per participant .
Each participant is responsible for making his or her own hotel reservation ( follow this link: www.booking.com).
Upon receipt of your registration and payment you will receive a confirmation e-mail. In the event of insufficient registrations, this course will be cancelled.
Note: This course utilizes animal blood for experimentation.
Contact Person -
René Gelderman Loci Forensics B.V. Products - Training - Consulting
Haverstraat 49 2153 GD Nieuw-Vennep The Netherlands
Course Brochure for this course:
Brochure Courses Loci Forensics B.V. - 2019.pdf
All courses are presented in English.