Advanced Bloodstain Pattern Analysis Workshop
112 1st Street South
Great Falls, Montana 59401
This 32-hour workshop is designed to reinforce the foundation of the basic BPA course and expand the student’s knowledge of bloodstain pattern analysis.
The advanced course is designed with specific practical exercises which relate to actual BPA casework. Documentation, examination of bloodstained clothing, working from photographs are a few of the topics to be covered in this workshop.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Basic BPA review
- Physics and Fluid Dynamics
- Documenting bloodstain patterns
- BPA from photographs
- Examination and documentation of bloodstained clothing
- Complex bloodstain patterns
- Emerging technologies
- OSAC update
- Outdoor and vehicle crime scenes involving bloodstain pattern analysis
- Report writing and testimony
Michael J. Van Stratton, Laboratory Director (Retired), Kansas Bureau of Investigation.